This is it! Life is here! Live the dream!

Thursday, March 8

Fasting!

When God tells you to do something do you do it? Well in the past, I really feel like I can hear God's voice in my life but how often am I really going to follow EVERY word He tells me. This past Friday I felt like God was telling me I have been irritated by so many things. I also felt like God was telling me to fast for a whole week. I cried and told God I didn't want to. I felt like God was telling me to if I can sacrifice to Him, He will in return change me! When I am weak, HE is strong. And this week God has showed me so much about how He is everything and I need to give it all to Him.

Today is thursday and I break my fast tomorrow! It is my last day and I just want to give in and eat because I feel like I have learned enough. But God told me a week, and I want to honor Him.

What have I learned this week? God has helped me break my bitterness towards two people in my life. I also learned that it doesn't matter how many times a person can hurt us, I still need to forgive them because that is what God has called me to do. Even if the other person does not want to apologize. I have learned that all relationships are not the same and I have been blessed with some great men in my life. I have learned that I need to respect, support, love, and help my best friend be a better wife in the future. I have learned I don't need to be close to my best friends future husband but I just need to support her. I also need to get over the fact that everyone is not a social butterfly like me. Overall, I have learned that I am a selfish human being but ONLY God is the one that can change me.

Right now I am thinking about pasta, rice, french fries and the list goes on. But God is bigger and better than eating. He is the one that helps us live and gives us strength. I have found so much joy this week when people have offered me food and I get to say no thank you! I have really experienced JOY this week every time my stomach growls because I can think about God has changed me!

Fasting is a discipline. Why don't people practice it more in their life with joy? Only God can tell a person to fast and He is the only one that can change someone's heart! That is what is so cool about fasting.

No comments:

Post a Comment