This is it! Life is here! Live the dream!

Sunday, November 30

Week Five of Training for the Mission Field!

FPO (Field Personnel Orientation) Training!!!

Day 28: Monday, November 17th- In the morning we had T4T (Training for trainers). It was actually really boring, but I really liked what we were talking about. They were teaching us how to teach Bible stories, and then have the people we are teaching it to repeat it back to us. Then in the afternoon we went to the meetings about taxes and payroll. It was boring as well, and was kind of a long day of meetings. Then after supper they asked us to have family church with our roommates. So Amy and I got really excited and had family Worship together. She brought communion and it was funny. Then we had Church for 4 hours and just shared about what God is teaching us and how we can independently pray for each other. Then Amy was sharing with me about how she wanted to fast but didn't know and wasn't sure. Then after praying and talking about it we felt like God was telling us to fast together and keep each other accountable. This was a really awesome time with Amy!

Day 29: Tuesday, November 18th- This was morning we had worship in our small groups and then learned about Bible Storing in the kgc. Right before lunch I talked with a friend and confronted him on something. It was so clear that the Lord wanted me to talk to him and God even confirmed it through friends and circumstances. I am such a firm believer in encouraging other believers in love about convictions. Then Amy and I went into a room for lunch time and just prayed and gave up so many things to God, and it was amazing. Then after lunch it was Group A's shot time. Then again during dinner time we had such precious times with the Lord and encouraged one another, and grew so close to God and each other.

Day 30: Wednesday, November 19th- This morning I woke up and was feeling terrible and got in the hot shower, and blacked out. It was really rough and I thought about not fasting anymore but I felt the Lord just telling me that He was going to take care of me. I shared with Amy as soon as I got to small group what had happened and she went and got juices for me. Amy is such a blessing and I have learned so much from her about Lord and how to live for Him. Then I shared my testimony that morning in small group and really loved doing that. Then we went into the kgc and learned more about Bible Storing. Then for lunch time Amy and I went into the small auditorium and just laid down and prayed to God about Him giving us strength and relying on Him for everything. This week really has been hard for me because I feel like I am not myself because of not being able to be an energetic with people and crazy. But God has made it clear to me that it just something else I get to give up to Him. This night was awesome because our cross cultural worship team did an English worship service, and it was so good to spend hours just praising God's name through song.

Day 31: Thursday, November 20th-We had worship in our small group in the morning and then had language with Greg Holden in the kgc. Then before lunch member care came and talked to us about conflict and how to deal with it in a Christian way. Then for lunch we got a packed lunch and were suppose to take it to our small groups and talk about conflict. It was hard for Amy and I to watch people eat but was a blessing to give up food for the Lord, and surrender to Him once again. The conflict session was about forgiveness and dealing with confrontation, and it made me think about Ellen and the things we had been dealing with. Ellen is one of my close friends here, and I love her so much but we are TOTALLY opposites. We both have completely different personalities, and there have been many times we have had to deal with some issues. But it is so cool that God is number one in both of our lives and we both want to work it out so that He can be glorified in our relationship with each other. Then after lunch we went back to language class.

Day 32: Friday, November 21st- This was the first morning I have ever eaten breakfast, and it was good. Amy and I went together and prayed and then went and ate for the first time. It was kind of funny because we both were very hunger and silly. And we should have only eaten a little bit to ease our way back into it but we didn't and had stomachs later. We then had language with Greg Holden in the morning and then shots after lunch. This night we went out with our region to Red Robin and it was alot of fun. I sat with Jessica Sorrel and then we all went back to the play Cranium. It was alot of fun to hang out with our region and get close to everyone going to south America. Gabriel is a 20 month old kid that I always play with and have gotten close to him and have bonded with him.

Day 33: Saturday, November 22nd- I slept in and then went to lunch. Then I went and acted for the commissioning video for Kyle. The filming took about 3 hours but was alot of fun! Then Steppie, Brittany and I went to Chili's for dinner and were there a really long time talking. I love those girls!

Day 34: Sunday, November 23rd- We had Small group church in the moring and it was really good. Then after church I ate lunch and then practiced for the worship service that night. The North American Middle East Cross Cultural Worship Service started at 6pm, and there was Arabic songs and prayers. Then there was a the Creation to Christ play. I was the demon in it, and I wore black pants with a black huddie. I really do love acting and really got into my part. After the service an Mk friend, names Emily said that I did a good job because she really did hate me in the play and was frustrated with my character. Then I went to another Mexican restaurant with some friends after the service.

No comments:

Post a Comment