This is it! Life is here! Live the dream!

Sunday, November 30

Week Four of Training for the Mission Field!

FPO (Field Personnel Orientation) Training!!!

Day 21: Monday, November 10th- Elbert Smith led us in the morning with a devotion. Then someone came up to me to be in a skit for the Anthropology Session. The skit was kind of funny because it was about a missionary coming to a tribe and being shocked by the tribal customs. It was really short. The guy who talked about Anthropology was very good and I learned alot about what it really means to study different cultures. He talked about Africa alot and we learned how to talk in the "African click" language. Then for lunch we had our first special meal. It is kind of a mystery before you go to lunch because we were not sure what kind of food we were going to eat. We go to lunch and wait for our whole table to get there and then pray together, and act like we are eating in a different country and then pray for the country and talk about how we can relate to the country. Then after lunch we could choose to what meeting to go to, and I choose to go to the rural anthropology session. It was fun because it was the same speaker I went to before lunch and he passes out candy for answering questions correctly. Then for dinner there was noodles and after dinner I went to the KGC and watched One Tree Hill with Ellen. It took us a long time to finish one episode because I love talking to people that come in, and don't want to ignore them.

Day 22: Tuesday, November 11th- In the morning we had small group, and I love this time to just hang out with our region and grow closer. Then we went to the KGC and talked about Church Planting Movement Contextualization. Then I was asked to be in a panel with all the Mks and talk about our experiences. It was fun and I definitely like to share my heart and be real with people about my experiences as a missionary kid. Then afterwards I talked with some friends more about my experiences and they asked me questions about how they can be better aunt and uncles on the mission field. Group A had there shots and so we just hung out for the rest of the day.

Day 23: Wednesday, November 12th-Today was a really awesome learning day. In the morning we went to small group and then we could choose which worldview workshop we wanted to go to. Alot of my friends and I are going to different tribes and so I went to that session. Dean taught it and it was really good. We watched a video about spirits in the villages and talked about what people believe in the tribes. It made me think alot about the way people in the villages are going to think. Then there was another special lunch in the cafe. Then after lunch we talked more about tribal beliefs.

Day 24: Thursday, November 13th- Small group in the morning then CPM Multiplication with Elbert Smith. Then right before lunch the nurses came and talked to us about Healthy Living on the mission field. Alot of the things they talk about are really intense precautions that I have never really heard of. Then for lunch we ate with our region, and it is always great to see Amanda. We also got to meet Forest, who is our new regional director. Then after lunch he shared with us about where he has worked and a little bit about his wife. She was not there because she was sick. Then we went around and shared really fast about what it really was that called each one of us to be a missionary.

Day 25: Friday, November 14th-Small group in the morning, and then more CPM Applications with Elbert Smith. Then a man and his wife came in and talked about culture shock and how to deal with it, and saying goodbye. He is really funny and is easy to listen to. Then for lunch we ate with our small group some pizza and talked about culture shock. Then after lunch was our first day of shots, and I was kind of scared. I hate needles, but Aunt Sandi did mine and it was totally fine.

Day 26: Saturday, November 15th- I was going to sleep in today but ended up eating up early to go and watch Kyle run a marathon. He did so good, and it was really fun to run around Richmond and cheer him on. It was a little frustrating to get to the finish line and then have to run the race and try to find him. But it all worked out in the end. Then afterwards we all went to Red Robin and it was really late by the time we ate. So the meal was amazing. I sat next to Country and Jess and we were being really silly. I kept stuffing my face with this amazing juicy burger, and they just laughed at me. Then we went to blockbuster and they all went in to find movie but Jess, Jill and Courtney and I stayed in the car and chatted. I have been getting close to Jessica Sorrel and she is going to Peru, I love her!

Day 27: Sunday, November 16th-Today we had church with our small group and was really good. Then at night time Jacinda and I were in charge of the Latin American Cross Cultural Worship service. It always is stressful when you are in charge of something. Everything went really good. So after lunch we meet with the worship band and Jasmine was amazing helping get all that together. Then after practicing we worked out the details and was ready for the service. I didn't really eat dinner because it was kind of gross. Then everyone started coming in to the service and we started a little later because that is Latin culture. Then we started off with Elbert explaining in Spanish what a Latin American service would be like. Then we sang Cadena de Coritos. Then Josh, an Mk from Argentina read a verse in Spanish, and the we sang Yo tengo un amigo que me ama (I have a friend that loves me), then sang Bienvenidos a la casa de Cristo (Welcome to the house of Christ) while people greeted each other. Then half way through the service we planned a black out. We wanted it to be like in South America and wanted everyone to just keep praising God and not care about technical details. Then the lights came back on and it was kind of cool. Then we sang Somos El Pueblo de Dios (We are the people of God), and then the Montana (Mountain) song. Then there was a time of testimonies in Spanish and Elbert was the MC and translated into English. Then we sang Tu Fidelidad (Your Fatihfulness), and I LOVE that song in Spanish. Then Edmundo Perez gave the whole sermon in Spanish with no translator. It was really good even though I didn't really have a clue what he was saying. Then after the service I went to eat Mexican food with Martha, Ellen and Brittany. I love them so much and love just sharing with them. We talked about how close we were and how we wanted to make a friendship quilt that traveled the world. Like the sister hood of the traveling pants, we were going to make the sister hood of the traveling quilt. Then we went back to the ILC and dropped Ellen off at the kgc, and then Martha, Brittany and I stole Steppie and went down to the lake and sat in the car and talked about our past relationships.

No comments:

Post a Comment