This is it! Life is here! Live the dream!

Friday, January 30

God's Provision!

Right now I am listening to one of my favorite songs and wanted to share it with you… 

“If I never get to see another rainbow, or share another laugh with a friend. If I never have another prayer that’s answered, or have another blessing come my way, Father I will still have to say… You have been good! Yet I am in wonder how could it be? In SO MANY WAYS YOU’VE Been GOOD TO ME!” If suddenly it all were ended, and your blessings disappeared, looking back over a lifetime, the evidence is clear! You have been GOOD! Yet I am in WONDER how could it be! In so many ways you have been good to me!”

There are so many things that I am thankful for right now, and I am truly in wonder of God and His PROVISION! God is so good and I am so blessed to be here in Guatemala learning a new language! I feel like I have waited my whole life for this time to serve my Lord Jesus as a missionary. I so believe that being a missionary is the BEST job in the world! It is such a joy to be the Lord’s servant and have Him work through me in so many different ways! I feel the POWER of prayer daily over me, from when I wake up in the morning, until I lay down at night. Seriously, I have tears in my eyes thinking about the support that I have and I praise God for each of you.

The biggest story I want to share is about the LORD’S PROVISION! Yesterday during class my Spanish teacher, Diana, shared with me some things that were really difficult to hear. First of all, my teacher is the only Christian teacher with the school we attend. She has an incredible testimony and has shared powerful stories about how the Lord has worked in her family’s life and provided in times of incredible need. A few months ago God told my teacher’s dad to start a project for children with no food. Their whole family fasted and the Lord revealed to the family through dreams and visions how to start the project.  Now this dream is a developing ministry feeding nearly 150 kids daily who otherwise would not have food.

Yesterday Diana was telling me that her family is experiencing spiritual attacks from the devil and some financial difficulties as a result of her husband recently loosing his job. Diana has had dreams of demons chasing her in a forest and stabbing her in the back, and her younger brother has also had dreams of demons attacking in the night. One morning Diana’s daughter came to the breakfast table and said, “Mom, look God provides for us, I just found $3 in my room.” This made me cry. But, the whole time my teacher was sharing she was smiling and telling me that God is good and that He is our Provider. Well, I wish I could share ALL the details but let me just say that some people and I came together and were able to help my teacher. And when I gave her this gift, I looked into her eyes and said “Dios es Provider!” Wow, I have read so many times in the Bible about how the Lord has provided for His people, and have shared how He has provided in my life. But the power of saying, “God is our Provider” in another language and another culture was truly powerful. God can use anyone, in any culture all over the world! I just feel so blessed to be used by Him, and be apart of the mission field and GOD’S PROVSION! 

No comments:

Post a Comment