This is it! Life is here! Live the dream!

Friday, January 30

Mi Familia en San Juan!

The other day I was playing the card game Uno with my brother, Fabio and his cousin, Jessi. Since I still can’t say complete sentences in Spanish, its always funny so we just laugh and have a good time. During the game my mom, Olga, was making dinner in the kitchen and came out and said, “I just had to tell you that I have been listening to you guys talk, and Lori you’re speaking so good in Spanish.” This made me smile and I was really encouraged.  The next day, as I was eating dinner with my mom, she shared that there have been a lot of students that have come and lived with them in the past, and that Fabio, my brother never talked to them. She continued, saying that he loves me, is always excited to see me, and wants to talk to me all the time. She also said that Jessi, Fabio’s cousin also loves coming over to see me and hang out, too. I love playing cards with them and it’s always a great surprise to come home to find cards and bracelets and candy they’ve made for me! The Lord is truly working through me and building strong wonderful relationship with people here like my brother.

Another HUGE blessing is my relationship with my mom, Olga! Some of the best times I have had here are sitting at the table and just speaking Spanish with her. We have such a precious relationship, and I thank God so much for it! One day she told me that she prayed for me to learn Spanish fast so that we could talk together more. Another day she was not feeling well, so I mopped for her while she shared stories with me in Spanish. Sometimes we pass each other and don’t say anything but just giggle and smile. My dad, Vinicio, is a teacher at my Spanish school and always asks me if I need help with homework. He also has the funniest stories to share and I can’t tell you how much I love them!

Please pray for my family here in San Juan! They are Catholic and I am still trying to learn enough Spanish to share more with them about my beliefs in the Lord. My family here is wonderful and I praise God for them and His amazing faithfulness!  

2 comments:

  1. Lori Lynn! I was just thinking about you this morning during my journalling that I wished I knew more about you. What sweet stories. Love you and PRAYING for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori,
    I love this post and knowing that you are continuing to love your family. I pray for you to learn Spanish quickly very often. And what is the name of the cool font on this post? How did you import a different font from the few available on blogspot? We all miss you so much!

    ReplyDelete