This is it! Life is here! Live the dream!

Monday, January 12

Life in Gaute...es muy bieno!

So I've been in Guatemala for a little over a week now and it's been awesome! I've already learned a few things and was inspired by one of my friends to put them into a top ten list... so here it is!

10- If you don't eat everything on your plate- they start to give you less food...
9- It's no big deal to see chickens wandering around the school...
8- Pedestrians do NOT have the right away...
7- Buses have NO maximum capacity...
6- Dogs are everywhere and fight constantly!!
5- If you aren't fluent in Spanish (like i) you do a lot of charades to communicate with the people you live with, especially at dinner...
4- As you learn Spanish, your English gets worse!
3- Fireworks go off often- anytime of the day or night... and sometimes right outside your door!
2- ¨Papas Fritas¨ are the best words in Spanish that I have learned...which means french fries.
1- The best time to take a shower is the middle of the day because hot is relative.. meaning it's not exactly a hot shower but more like an almost lukewarm shower (and when i say almost lukewarm- i mean on the cold side...)

Seriously, Guatemala is great! It's beautiful here! The family I'm living with is really amazing! My mama cooks the best food, and knows exactly what I need, it truly is a blessing. I don't have a whole lot of time today to tell everything but God is so good!! He has been teaching me so much!! I have been reading in my chronological Bible and LOVE it. Sometimes I don´t want to study Spanish and just read different stories from the Bible!

Some things to pray for are...
-For fluency in Spanish! I'm picking it up and can understand a whole lot more than before so that's good!
-My family that I'm living with! They are not Christians and every meal time I sit down and just talk about everything, and we have already talked about God, which is awesome for as little as Spanish I know right now.
-My health!

Love you Family!
Thanks Ellen!

3 comments:

  1. I have been anxiously awaiting this blog update. I love your top 10 list, it tells a lot of your story! I'm praying for you Lori and I love you! Aunt Betty

    ReplyDelete
  2. How awesome Lori! I love the update and will be praying for our health, Spanish and house family! Love you!

    ReplyDelete