This is it! Life is here! Live the dream!

Monday, December 29

My Christmas, Birthday, & Good-bye!

My arrival Home!



















This Christmas has most definitely been very different for me this year. It first was really emotional coming into after saying good-bye to some wonderful friends that I made at training in Richmond, Virginia. I truly had a wonderful time learning about being a missionary and just growing close to people that have the same passions as me over a 2 month period. Then seeing my family was just overwhelming because I had not seen them in so long. But it truly has been a blessing. At first I was so stressed about all the things I needed to get done before leaving that I even had a stress rash. It was kind of weird. There was a lot of financial things that I have had to take care of before leaving the country, and alot of miscellaneous buying and packing before leaving for 2 years. So with the stress of all that I have been trying to have a wonderful last 2 weeks with my family. I don't want to sound like I am complaining because God is so good and it truly is a blessing to have this time with my family it just has been hard to find special times with everyone.






















The first Sunday back we went out to breakfast and broke down and cried about sacrifices that I am going to be giving up. And the reality of my extreme conditions that I am going to be living in. It was a special time for me to really share with my family about truly how I feel about this new unknown adventure that is going to take place. I truly appreciate my family and all of there sensitive spirits and encouraging words. This of course makes it even harder to say good-bye to my loving family. But Jesus Christ gave up so much for us and in return I can give up my crazy wonderful wild family.




I say wild because tonight was my early birthday party. Since my birthday is on Jan.21th, my family gave me an early birthday so they could be with me. We had spaghetti, my favorite meal, and then had a wild crazy birthday celebration with popping streamers, blowing horns, and a silly cake. Everyone kept blowing the horns into each others faces and laughing really hard, including Collin and Summer. Then we played battle of the sexes, phase ten, and then Dictionary.

No comments:

Post a Comment