This is it! Life is here! Live the dream!

Saturday, December 20

Week Nine of Training for the Mission Field!

FPO (Field Personnel Orientation) Training!

Day 56: Monday, December 15th- Our talks in the morning were amazing they were all about strengthening relationship. Then for lunch we dressed up to thank the cooks and have desserts. Then after lunch the strengthening relationship talks were amazing but Brittany and I had to talk about some things, and so I missed some of the meetings.Then I picked up mom and the airport at 3:00pm. We then went out to dinner together and then she came back and meet some of my friends. We hung out in my room a long time with Amy before bed time.

Day 57: Tuesday, December 16th- We had our last small group time together and Adam shared a funny story and we sang some songs. Then we had leadership meetings in the morning. After lunch we then had a wrap up session and then it was all over. As soon as we were done with our last class everyone cheered. I just felt really sad, but was also excited. There are so many emotions going on as a missionary and really is hard. I was truly torn between spending time with my mom and hanging out with my friends. It is sooooo hard to say good bye to people that I have grown so close to over the past 2 months. We had cross-cultural worship sound check meeting. Then we hung out dorm 2 that night and played games.

Day 58: Wednesday, November 17th- We had sound check in the morning at 8:00am. Then we had a walk through for the Commissioning ceremony. Then we had the mapping ceremony, and when I went up and shared a funny prayer request to endure eating monkey brains. But also to seek the Lord in every situation! Then we had a really fast lunch and mom went to the dialogue with family member and she said she cried the whole time. Then the service started. It was really good and I help lead worship then there was a video also of Evan and I that Kyle made about "Who wants to be a missionary", and I was the contestant and I was Lottie Moon. Then after the commissioning I saw the Hammack's, Wolfe's, and Pegues! I was SOOOOO emotional to say good bye to everyone, and just kept crying. I think the hardest part was saying good bye to Lauren and Jess! Brittany, Courtney, Jess and I all went outside and took pictures and hugged Jess a really long time and cried and then said good bye. This was extremely hard for me. Then I had dinner with a bunch of people at Chilli's and I was just so exhausted I barely talked at dinner. Then I meet Alisha's sister and shared with her about what I am going to be doing, and she prayed with me. It truly was a blessing. Then we went back and I was not feeling good at all and I threw up, and fell asleep for a little bit. Then I walked around and said good bye to people. Then I went to Courtney's room and laid in her bed and watched her pack with Brittany. We stayed up till 3:00am.

Day 59: Thursday, November 18th- Woke up and cleaned the room and checked out at 6:30am. I said good bye to Brittany then went to the airport. It was so good to see Courtney again and the airport and then pray with her before we said good bye again. I cried really hard when I said good bye to her. Then flying to Arkansas was so sad and I slept the whole way, and the times I didn't sleep I cried. I just wish that some of my close friends could go with me. But I know that God is good and that He will give me exactly what I need on the mission field!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, Lor, I have read every entry. I am bad about commenting on blogs, so you haven't heard from me on it. But I am so overwhelmed tonight as I read this. I have the emotions of a mother, the excitement of your passion and the anticipation of one who believes in what God will do through you! I love you and look forward to praying for you and following all the unexpected opportunties that God is placing before you.

    ReplyDelete