This is it! Life is here! Live the dream!

Saturday, December 20

Week Eight of Training for the Mission Field!

FPO (Field Personnel Orientation) Training!!!

Day 49: Monday, December 8th- We were at the gym at 6:00am and did the Indian run in the cold around the campus. We also did some push ups and sit-ups. Then we went into the cafe and ate breakfast. Then we had group talk with Elbert as a large group in the KGC. Then we had some Regional time and then had our exit interviews with Amanda! She is always so easy to talk to, and it was really good to talk to her about my time at FPO. Then our Group B went and debriefed what we learned at Contingency training. Then the rest of the afternoon was with Jeremy. After dinner we worked on the Creation story in Spanish. This was extremely hard for me because I don't know any Spanish compared to all the other extremers! But God taught me alot about struggling through, and asking for wisdom and words from Him. Even if it is in another language!

Day 50: Tuesday, December 9th- Today we meet in the gym at 6:00am and did suicides for a long time. Then after breakfast we had small group and I kind of fell asleep in it. I was just so exhausted from Jeremy's training. By the way, we could only use a small a cup each day to bathe, and had to wear the same clothes all week to prepare us for the mission field. During our focus time in the morning with Elbert I sat with Jess! Then for lunch we meet with Amanda and Jeremy. Then before dinner we went to the gym again and did leg raises, dug a hole, made a fire, and walked up and down a hill for a long time. While we were walking up and down the hill I reviewed the Creation story with Misty. Then after dinner we did 100 lunges, and then learned more of the Creation story. I then went to bed early again. Amy was sleeping my my room with me to keep each other warm because I also had to sleep with the windows open, and it was freezing out.

Day 51: Wednesday, December 10th- This morning we meet in the gym at 7:00am and stretched and then went to breakfast and talked about how we were feeling about all the training. Then we had worship in our small group. I was really stressed this whole morning in the meeting because I was trying to get the Creation story word perfect because Jeremy said we had to say it perfect or there would be consequences. So in the morning meetings Amy helped me work on it. Then we said it before lunch to Jeremy and he said that he was really impressed. After lunch I quilted a little bit, and then we had worship time with all the Extreme members, and Taylor and Ryan came as well. It was really good. This is the night that Jeremy also informed us that we could only use the swatty-potty for the rest of our training. This night I talked with Courtney in the gym and it was really good. I love her so much and she has blessed me in so many ways. I seriously wish so bad that we were going to the same area or that we were partners. She is so encouraging and I am always blessed after talking to her.

Day 52: Thursday, December 11th- Today we meet at the gym at 6:00am and did the Indian run in the rain all the way to the entrance of the ILC. Misty was not feeling good and it was hard for her to do. Then we had worship in our small groups, then Lottie Moon came and shared with us about her life. It was really interesting for her to talk about her past. Then after lunch all of the singles broke out into group and there were about 12 girls in my group and Amanda was the leader. Brittany, Ellen, Jill, and I were all in the same group. Then this night Jeremy gave us a break and we able to go to bed early, and have a long time with the Lord.

Day 53: Friday, December 12th- Worship in small group in the morning, then more T4T seminars. This also was the last day of shots! yeah! Then we went to Amanda house with Jeremy and had pizza and shared stories. Well Adam shared all the stories and they were hilarious.

Day 54: Saturday, December 13th- This was my first day for me to sleep in! It was so great I woke up at 11:00am! Then ate lunch and just hung out for the rest of the day with friends!

Day 55: Sunday, December 14th- Worship in small group was really good, we all shared about how we love each other and am going to miss each other alot. Then our whole small group went to a Mexican Resturant! Then Jess, Amy, and I went on a hike It was amazing we climbed a tree of the river. Then we tried to start a fire with our flit starters but it was way to wet then we saw a beaver. Cross-cultural worship was the BEST one ever because it was the deaf service. So many of us cried and had so much compassion for the deaf people. There is such a huge need all over the world that so many people over look.

No comments:

Post a Comment