This is it! Life is here! Live the dream!

Saturday, December 20

Week Seven of Training for the Mission Field!

FPO (Field Personnel Orientation) Training!!!

Day 42: Monday, December 1st- We woke up and had Regional Time and talked about language and what the culture is like in South America. It was alot of fun to hang out with the SAM Region!

Day 43: Tuesday, December 2nd- We had worship with our small group in Quad 22! Then I had about an hour with our Regional Office. Then I took Steppie to the Doctor to get her Jaw closed shut. It was quite an experience. I had to go into the room as she was coming back to after being drugged. I then walked her to the car and her eyes were closed because she had a hard time after being drugged. I then took her to get pain reliever and she just stayed in the car. Then I took her around Walmart to get some things before going back to the ILC. It was funny because I pushed her around in a wheel chair. Then we went back and I went and talked to Sandi Hammack about taking care of Steppie! Then I hung out in the Sam James building that night with Jess, Court, and Brittany! I love those girls! We couldn't hang out in the KGC because of Contingency Training.

Day 44: Wednesday, December 3rd- Worship in Small Group in the morning! Then we had Regional Time and then went to the Brazilian Restaurant for lunch. Then Misty and Amy went with me to go pick up Martha at the airport. It was really good to hang out with my Extreme girls and build that bond with them. I was really tired after so I took a nap, and then hung out later.

Day 45: Thursday, December 4th- Worship in our small group. Then we had a few minutes with Elbert and read some scripture. Then the torture finally began... it was the first day of Contingency Training! I was so scared and heard alot of scary stories about what they might do to us. I can't explain and describe some the things that they did to us but it definitely was helpful and I learned alot about what to do in many different situations. I truly feel trained and know what to say and how to deal with terrorist attack, kidnappings, robbery's, government issues of getting into closed countries and other extreme situation!

Day 46: Friday, December 5th- Worship in small group, and then time with Elbert with group B! Then a long seven hours of Contingency Training! Each night I was exhausted from the stress of the day and learning during contingency time. So I went to bed earlier.

Day 47: Saturday, December 6th- Our last day of Contingency training as Group B! It was hard to get up on a Saturday but I knew that it was really great training. As soon as we graduated from our Contingency Training I was excited to see my friends I hadn't seen in a long time. But as soon as I was about to hang out with them and go to dinner, I found out that Jeremy Taliaferro had arrived! He was one of the first Extreme Team members and helped start the Extreme Team. He was there to kick our butts into shape and help to prepare us for intense future of being on Extreme Team. Amy, Misty, Jess, Adam, and I were all the people that were going to be serving on the Extreme that were at our FPO Training. We all went out to eat at Chipotle with Jeremy, and then went back to his hotel. It was really good to talk about what really the Extreme Team was about and we were able to ask him ALOT of questions.

Day 48: Sunday, December 7th- We woke up early on a Sunday before house church to talk to Jeremy more about Extreme and the expectations of us. Then we had small group church, and ate lunch! Then we went back and talked with Jeremy until dinner and Cross-cultural Worship. It was good to share with Jeremy about how God called us all to Extreme Team and where we were spiritually! Cross-cultural worship was from the South Asia Region! Katie and Bernard led it and it was awesome! There was a little bit of dancing and an awesome time of prayer and laying hands on people in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment